It's a simple idea that every business person has to pay attention to every day: pricing your items right so that you make as much money as possible, without overpricing it and losing customers.
When it comes to selling your home, it's the same idea. How much should you list your home for?
Here are 3 quick ideas to help your figure out the right price:
- Get estimates from three real estate professionals – King Realty Group agents will be happy to assist you with your home's value.
- Assess any repairs you're thinking about doing and find out if it will be worth fixing before you put your house up for sale.
- Keep an eye out for previous sales of similar properties in the area. Don't compare your home to houses not remotely similar to yours. Appraisers don't look at dissimilar properties and nor should you.
These are the fastest and easiest ways to gather information on what to price your home.
There are a couple of things to remember:
- Your love for your home is not something you can sell. It might be the best house in the world, but you can't include all of that emotion. If the price that you ask for or receive is less than you plan, it's not because your house isn't great. It's simple mathematics.
- Be flexible. All of the information you receive is just an estimate. You might need to adjust your price as you try to sell your home.
- Setting a price that a little bit low is a good idea. Start with a price that is a “bargain” and then let buyers battle it out. It's likely that they will push the price up.
No matter what you do, make sure that you're selling your home for the price that you need to cover your costs (if at all possible).