The best time to sell a house is in the summer. It may seem obvious, but there are a number of reasons that you will want to sell your house in the summer.
- Colors are brighter in the summer sun than they are in fall or winter. The sun makes your house look more exciting than a cloudy autumn day can.
- There is more going on around you. You are usually selling your neighborhood and town as much as your house. In the summer, the festivals and events can show the buyer that you live in an exciting place.
- You can use more natural light and less artificial light to show the inside of the house. Fluorescent lights, even CFLs, make things look different than they really are. The light of the sun makes easier it to see your house.
- Children are out of school, families are looking for houses to move into before the new school year starts again.
- The number one reason is simple: Buyers are out in the summer. They are house shopping during the longer summer days.
For the most part, summer is the best time to sell your house. So get it listed now and have a great new home for yourself by the time the cooler temps arrive.